To Serve as a loving, nurturing community of disciples, First Baptist teaches locally and reaches globally.
To accomplish our vision & mission at First Baptist is to be...
- A church with members who love to learn, and are learning, about the Bible; who live what they learn; who are able and willing to teach what they have learned; a church led by a knowledgeable Pastor/Teacher and other spiritual leaders who are able to teach; a church that is the Bible teaching and learning center for Spencer.
- A missionary sending and missionary supporting church; a church that challenges its youth to become missionaries; a church that provides mission experiences for its members; a church that engages in mission work both globally and locally.
- A place where people practice, learn, and teach wise financial stewardship and generous giving. We envision First Baptist Church as a church that is true to the teachings of Scripture - biblically correct, but not necessarily politically correct.
- A church that is a safe place for children and youth, where children and youth learn what it means to be a follower of Jesus by precept and example through teaching and personal mentoring; a church where children and youth are loved and cared for; a church that reaches out to minister to children and youth in the community.
- A church where members support one another, the ministries of the church, and the community with persevering prayer. Continually striving to be a fellowship of Christians who are maturing in Christ and are experiencing accountability and encouragement in the context of deep personal relationships and replicating small groups.
"A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. All men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another." John 13:34-35